Saturday, June 26, 2010

In a rut....time for a challenge

So I was reading a B.C. comic the other day. A guy is sitting talking to his shrink and says ' so when did you realize you were in such a rut." The man answers "When I started writing my diary 2 weeks in advance.

It's funny for sure, but makes me realize I am in a big cooking rut. I keep wheeling through my old recipies and have not really developed anything new.

So I have decided to challenge myself.

By Dec 31st this year, I will develop a 6 course tasting menu of BRAND NEW, NEVER BEFORE SEEN recipes. The point behind this will be to host a dinner party for my foodie friends(with a minimal fee for dinner to help cover costs). If all goes well this might even be a new years thing.

I will change this blog over to a log of my exploits as I attempt to develop this menu.

Not being any type of classically trained chef, this will be a challenge for me. I will be attempting to step outside of my comfort zone with flavors and enter a brave new world.

Oh.......its on. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    As for me, I've gotta make another pie crust before the end of the summer. I promised myself I'd learn piecrusts this Spring, and now it's closer to fall.

    ReplyDelete